Saturday, June 30, 2018

Is Kratom The New Go-To Natural Supplement?


There's no secret that great kratom debate is officially mainstream. Everywhere you look, people are talking about kratom. What gives? Is kratom really the miracle herb everyone is talking about? Is it really true?

What we do know, everyone is talking about kratom.

Anyone that knows me knows that I work with teens and adults that are trying to get their lives back together due to drug addiction. I do my best to alter their mindset and help them get the help they need.

I'm seeing more and more addicts go to kratom. I'm not judging, I'm just giving this story context. I'm seeing it on the East Coast, in Appalachia. I set out to find some people that are trying kratom and it was an awesome experience. The names in this story have been changed to protect their identity.

I first met up with Romona, which is a recovering heroin addict. She's been using kratom for a year now. I first met her 5 years ago when she was struggling to stay clean. Today, Romona has her life on track, she's working and she now has a home. I was surprised to see her doing so good. How? According to her, kratom.

"Kratom changed my life," she said tearing up. "I had been struggling for years to get my life in order and I kept falling back into bad habits. A friend introduced me to kratom and it gave me a second chance. I'm working, I'm in a relationship and I'm stable."

Romona was kind enough to introduce me to the friend that helped her, Steve. He was willing to share his story with me.

"I've been using kratom for 3 years now," Steve explained. "Before that, I was doing pain pills, about 8 years. I was doing some research online and heard others talking about kratom. One day, I decided to order it and take it right, that's when my life began to change. I quit pills, I quit everything and I've been clean ever since."

Say what you will, but kratom is changing lives. I guess my worry, kratom is still new. We don't know the long term benefits, but it's obviously popular here in the South.

For those of you that don't know what kratom is, it comes from a natural plant in Southeast Asia. Traditional tribes have been using it for centuries. In Southeast Asia, it's a common practice to use kratom. Due to the internet, kratom's popularity has drastically increased and made it's way to the United States.

The big question, can kratom help me? Check this out. There's a lot of benefits, despite what some may so.

I'd recommend taking the time to research it well, see if kratom would be a solution for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment